Defining an access point for your phone
Before you can setup your calling profile you need first to define and setup a Wifi access point. If you have successfully connected to the Wifi access point before you can skip this point. Otherwise, to set up a Wifi access point:
- Click on main menu button
- Select ‘Tools’. On some phones you will need to select ‘Control Panel’ instead.
- Select ‘Settings’
- Select ‘Connection’
- Select ‘Access points’. If the access point is defined then scroll down to it and select ‘Options’ and ‘Edit’. If the access point is not defined the select ‘Options’ and ‘New access point’. On some phones you will need to select ‘Destinations’ instead and then choose ‘Add new access point’. Available settings are:
Connection Name: This can be whatever name you wish to give the connection. e.g. Home, Office etc.
- Data Bearer: This should be ‘Wireless LAN’
- WLAN netw. name: This should be left as the SSID name
- Network Status: Can be Public or Hidden depending on your Access point
- WLAN netw. mode: Can be Infrastructure or Ad-hoc. You probably want Infrastructure.
- WLAN security mode: Either Open, WEP, 802.1x or WPA/WPA2. Select the one that suits your Access point.
- WLAN security settings: If not Open then here you can define keys, Authentication type, key encryption/format types and more. Refer to your Access point instructions for details
- Homepage: The default homepage when connecting. Leave as None.
Setting up your Conversant account
Click on main menu button
Select ‘Tools’. On some phones you will need to select ‘Control Panel’ instead.
Select ‘SIP Settings’
Select ‘Options’, ‘New SIP Profile’ and ‘Use Default Profile’. Use the following details:
Profile name: Conversant
Service profile: IETF
Default Access point: (Here select the access point name you defined earlier.)
Public user name: sip: username@proxyas supplied by Conversant
Use Compression: No
Registration: Always on
Use Security: No
Proxy Server menu:
Do not make any changes under this menu
Registrar Server menu:
Registrar serv. addr.:proxy as supplied by Conversant
Realm:domain/realm as supplied by Conversant
Username:username as supplied by Conversant
Password: password as supplied by Conversant
Transport Type: UDP
Now click ‘Back’ twice and your profile should appear. If your settings were correct then after a few seconds your should see the status change to ‘Registered’. To make the profile the default profile then click on ‘Options’ and select ‘Default profile’
Then perform the following steps depending on the type of phone you have:
Next go back to the ‘Connection’ menu and select ‘Internet tel.’.
Select ‘Options’ and select ‘New Profile’ (unless you have already defined one) Leave the name as ‘Default’ unless you wish to change it and ensure that your SIP profile created above (named ‘Conversant’ in the example) is listed. If not select and tick the box beside the profile
Next go back to the ‘Connection’ menu and scroll down and select ‘Wireless LAN’. Set Show WLAN availability to ‘Yes’ and Scan for networks every minute
Now, go back twice to the ‘Settings’ menu, select ‘Phone’ and select ‘Call’. In the call settings set the following:
Internet call waiting: Activated
Internet call alert: On
Default call type: Internet call
If this option is not available then you need to download and install the SIP VOIP settings application from Nokia:
Download the SIP VOIP settings application.
Install the application. To do this you will need to follow the instructions that came with your phone for installing software onto the phone.
Select ‘Control Panel’
Select ‘Net Settings’
Select ‘Advanced VoIP settings’
Select ‘VoIP services’
The service you defined earlier (Conversant) should appear. Select it.
Now return to the home screen
Select the wireless access point
Select Enable 'Conversant' (or what ever name you gave SIP profile earlier)
You should see the message 'Conversant' enabled.
You can now make calls using Conversant by choosing Net call.