HOW TO SCAN YOUR NETWORK FOR VULNERABILITIES
These instructions describe how to scan your network for vulnerabilities.
The scan checks for vulnerabilities from outside of the network - so it needs to be run from a computer not connected to the network you are scanning.
- Firstly, download and install Nmap security scanner here
- Find the public IP address of the network you wish to scan, which can be done here.
- Open Zenmap, the Nmap user interface
- In the target section, enter the public IP found above
We would recommend that you run the scans as below:
- Intense scan
- Intense scan plus UDP
- Intense scan, all TCP ports
- Slow comprehensive scan
Once the scan is completed, look under the Ports/Hosts tab
All ports should appear red (closed). If they appear green (open) we would recommend closing these ports