A menu (also called an IVR) creates a digital receptionist to answer calls for you and let's the caller select who they need to speak to. This sends a caller to the correct department faster.
Creating a Menu
The first step is to create a callflow. Once this is done follow instructions below:
Drag the menu tile across to your callflow
Once dragged across a pop up will appear. Select Add a new menu
Enter the menu's name.
Enter the PIN which should be entered if you wish to record a new greeting via the phone.
If you want callers to dial extensions directly, ensure this option is ticked.
Add the greeting if this is already recorded or uploaded via media
Click on the advanced tab
Select the options for your menu as below
- Number of retries: How many times a caller can dial an incorrect number before getting rejected.
- Timeout for dialing: How long to wait for a caller to select an option before rejection/default action
- Extension number length: The maximum length of option a caller can dial
- Allow Outside Recording: Ticking this will allow callers from outside of the Conversant system to record a new greeting if they enter the correct PIN number
Suppress Invalid Entry: Ticking this will stop callers hearing they entered an invalid option if they enter an unconfigured option.
You can now drag other tiles (users, devices, groups, voicemail etc.) into your menu to configure each option the caller will select
The Menu option refers to which option the caller should select to enter this option.
- Then select which of the multiple actions it should point to
- A simple menu with four options is shown below:
Recording Menu Greeting
To record a menu greeting, simply dial into the callflow which the menu is a part of. When you reach the menu enter the PIN number as configured above and follow the instructions for recording.
Once a message is recorded, it will automatically become the menu greeting and appear in the Media section of C-Lite 2.0.
Editing a Menu
To edit a menu, enter the callflow which contains the menu and click on the menu you wish to edit. Then select edit menu.
Using a Default Action
A default action refers to when a caller enters an invalid entry or is instructed to hold for an option (i.e. "please hold for general inquiries").
To configure the please hold option please find instructions below:
- Under the advanced > options in the menu setup you need to configure 3 options below:
- Number of retries on misdial: Set this to 1
- Timeout for dialing: This refers to how long a caller will hold before entering the default action option
Suppress Invalid Entry: This will stop a caller hearing they have entered an invalid option
Save all options